Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Monday, October 8, 2012

Tonsils

It turns out that the sore throat I had about a month ago (and which never really went away) was a tonsil infection. My tonsils felt so swollen on Friday that I ended up going to the doctor and getting some antibiotics. I think my body has been working so hard to make my lower back better that my defences have dropped in other areas, hence the infected tonsils.

I’m feeling a lot better since starting on the antibiotics and my appetite is coming back. I’ve been craving solid food rather than the smoothies I’ve been having for the last three months or so.

Do you still have your tonsils,  or did you have them taken out when you were younger?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad to hear the antibiotics are helping Charlotte...might have to follow your lead and see my GP one of these days...S

Magda said...

Mine are still in and have never given me any trouble. Glad to hear that you're on the mend Charlotte.

Kek said...

Oh no... nasty things, tonsils. Mine were removed when I was only three and I don't miss them at all. Apparently they had a habit of swelling so much that I could barely breathe. :/

Glad you're feeling better.