Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Over It

Nearly fainted in the shower this morning. Started feeling hot and claustrophobic. Of course I had conditioner in my hair and was in the middle of shaving under my arms, so had to rinse off as fast as I could and get out and lie on the floor. I've had enough of feeling helpless and 'delicate'. Not my style. Am interested to see if my tests results will show anything tomorrow.
 
Am still not eating a lot (weight is down to the 57s now, a couple of kilos less than my birthday weight) but my appetite is slowly returning as my back recovers. No pain now, and am able to sit for short periods of time. Still not keen on bending or squatting though.
 

4 comments:

Michelle Carlyon said...

Oh no! I hope you get some answers soon.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Michelle, am off to the doctor this afternoon so hopefully will know more after that. Cheers, C

Sara said...

As a veteran of the disc herniation, you have my full sympathies. I wanted to mention that in the week after my first (and worst) herniation, I frequently had the blackouts and dizziness that you are describing. My last herniation (which happened just a few days after that big, nasty earthquake) was also while loading the dishwasher. Something about that twisting, bending combination that isn't great for a weak back. It's taken over a year, but I'm now completely right. I should write a big post on that. The big thing is REST IT. Don't rush into anything, even core work. Just rest it.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Sara, that's so helpful to know. Cheers, Charlotte