Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dining Area or Lounge?

This is how the area around our fireplace looks at the moment. It’s basically a dining area.

28Oct2010 03

I did some work on our fireplace a while back, changing the surround from brown to white

fireplace brown

fireplace white

Lately I’ve been thinking about making into more of a lounge area, with some seating and books (must be the thought of the cold weather coming on). Here are some photos I’ve seen that I’ve liked

1. Kristen Panich

kristen panich cropped

2. The Design Files – Sally Richardson

Sally-couch

3. Design Sponge – Karen Barlow

karenbarlow3

4. Design Sponge – Supermarket Sarah

supermarketsarah1 flipped 

What do you think?

 

 

 

8 comments:

Magda said...

Charlotte, I like your dining area but a fireplace screams "sit in front of me, relax with a cup of tea (or whatever you fancy) and enjoy a good book."

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Magda, will just have to decide what to do with the dining table!

Kerry W said...

I totally agree with Magda! I think the first pic is definitely in keeping with the style of your home (what I've seen of it, which is mainly the kitchen). Your tastes are similar to mine. I'm planning a fireplace for when we build in our carport (which will be ages away) and this is exactly what I have in mind. Sitting in front of a warm fire on the couch with a good book and a nice cup of tea. :)

Kek said...

Absolutely get some seating in there! I'm sure you can rearrange the furniture so it works. Somehow. :0

Sandra said...

Hi Charlotte, you definitely need some comy seating around the fireplace - nice work on the change of colour. Looks gorgeous!...would love more photos when you make up your mind. :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Kerry, I like the style of the first pic too. Thanks!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Kek, yes will try and make it fit somehow!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Sandra, will definitely post photos once I get it sorted out!